Freelance Accounting FileMaker Developer at Codence (Denver, CO)
Do you think accounting software should inspire people and help businesses run well (as opposed to sit in an isolated silo)? Codence is growing and we’re looking for an Accounting-focused FileMaker Application Developer to craft both custom FileMaker solutions and continue to evolve our Genesis suite of products.
Codence is a service firm. We create custom software for businesses and bill by the hour: we look for friendly people with strong communication skills and a focus on serving others. Software should solve problems, not create them. It should provide insight, not obscurity.
We’re a small team – roughly 20 folks, with a mix of part-time and full-time. We work with dozens of clients ranging from very large organizations to small businesses. We work independently, flexibly, and make time for family, friends, and other pursuits. We try to walk the walk when it comes to managing by mutual agreement.
What’s the Role?
Invent amazing FileMaker solutions. Help companies make really great use of their integrated accounting systems.
- Plan – While this position has primarily a developer focus, you’ll work to gain insight of our clients’ businesses, gather and document requirements, and help draft project plans, including scope of work, timeline, and budgeting.
- Collaborate – Working independently is important but so too is collaborating with a cross-functional team. You must be able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities. You’ll work with a wide array of clients, from all industries.
- Communicate – Service skills are essential to this position. You are the consummate professional, consistent, straightforward, and proactive. First rule: care. Second rule: don’t surprise the client.
- Improve – It will be your job to get better at your job and help your teammates and Codence get better at theirs. We want to grow, learn, challenge ourselves, and evolve.
- Problem Solve – Be smart. You’ll address a wide range of programming and business challenges. You’ll need to be creative in how you approach your work, avoid dogmatism, and balance craftsmanship with pragmatism.
- Develop – Last but not least: write great code. Log billable hours. Document well. Design intuitive interfaces. Have a knack for debugging. Accounting requires rock-solid, dependable systems.
- Solid FileMaker chops, with some fluency in other technologies as well, and deep comfort with relational database design.
- Experience organizing financial data, managing operations for more than a basic business model.
- Strong familiarity with ERP systems.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Business analytics experience. Experience with requirements gathering, cost estimating, and scope preparation for software projects.
- FileMaker Certification required (or within some months of coming on board).
- Familiarity with third-party accounting applications: Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc.
- Ability to work with Project Management/Agile software. Familiarity with Jira, and the Atlassian line of products, is a plus.
- Likewise, another great-to-have: REST and other integrations.
Boilerplate About Us
Codence enables change and digital transformation for our clients. We build apps, cloud-based tools, and sell a powerful suite of adaptable accounting solutions collectively called Genesis.
At Codence we believe diversity in culture, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and backgrounds make us a better team and better consultants – we celebrate it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Our main office sits right downtown in Boulder, Colorado and we have team members all over the US, Costa Rica, and Brazil. Colorado is a fantastic place to live – with 300 days of sunshine a year, amazing outdoor activities, restaurants, culture, and more – but no matter where you call home, we offer flexible work schedules, a friendly team, and a genuine effort to build an amazing culture of diverse, talented folks.
We’re a growing company, looking to bring some new products to market in the months ahead. We’ve got momentum and are really excited to bring you on board.
20 total views, 1 today